- Lower School
- Upper School
- School Life
The SFDS physical education program emphasizes fitness, skill development, sportsmanship, and cooperation with peers. Skill development is assessed on a daily basis by the teacher through observation. Students are also evaluated on their participation, effort, and sportsmanship. Fitness scores are documented three times a year in grades 3-8.
The curriculum supports the students' athletic development from Kindergarten to eighth grade in the following five areas:
- Movement concepts: Understanding movement through exploration and a variety of games
- Body movement: Spatial awareness, balance, coordination
- Locomotor movement: Skipping, galloping, walking, running, and hopping
- Manipulative skills: Throwing, catching, kicking, rolling, trapping, and striking with implements
- Rhythmic skills: Swaying, turning, foot patterns, and dance
Kindergarten meets twice a week for 30 minutes.
First grade meets three times a week for 30 minutes.
Second grade through fourth grade meets three times a week for 45 minutes.